IAACT ATHLETE JAMES JOHNSON
THIS IS MY STORY
The journey we go through with our disabilities & how we remain positive and strong in pursuing the goals that we have set for ourselves. Not only with our bodybuilding but also our personal training careers that we aim to transform into owning our own gym. One of our main goals within opening our own gym is to encourage as many disabled athletes to use it along with helping them to compete in any athletic environment that they aim for. We feel that in our country this is few and far between which is why we feel that there is a need for this even more.
MUST KNOW INFORMATION
How long have you been into bodybuilding for stage competition?
As the old saying goes; there is strength in numbers. The more of us there is in different locations, then the more people our message will reach, raising more awareness. I think it would be great to be able to work with other organizations as you get to meet like-minded people who are trying to get the same message across as you.
- A strong determination to reach our goals
- How we always think big e.g. turning a personal training business into a gym
- Very good patience with pursuing our goals no matter how long they take
- Effective communication to get our views across
- Connections with other companies that can help widen our awareness such as sponsors and the 4 different gyms we use along with a huge company of the University of Chester which has hundreds of disabled pupils come through each year.